CSA SGS 2-32 Member Use Policy
The Schweizer SGS 2-32 N232AK is operated by CSA under a rental agreement with Slinger LLC.
CSA policy for club member use of Schweizer SGS 2-32 N232AK is as follows:
- Members are required to have at least a Private Pilot Glider certificate and are required to be checked out by a Slinger LLC approved Flight Instructor before they fly N232AK (See Bill Corbin)
- No cross country flights may be made in N232AK (cross country is flight beyond gliding distance to OCGP or 20 statute miles from OCGP whichever is less)
- Aerobatic flight is prohibited unless it is with a Slinger LLC approved Flight Instructor.
- Pre-Private Pilot Glider instruction is not allowed in N232AK
- Rental rate is listed on the CSA Rates Page
- Scenic Ride policies for N232AK:
- CSA Scenic Ride Pilots are required to be approved by Slinger LLC – look for the list in the office
- Scenic Rides can only be given in N232AK if CSA’s Grob G103 is not available or if the passenger does not “fit” in CSA’s Grob G103
- In the event of damage to N232AK, the responsible member will pay up to $1000 for the cost of the repair
- Should the glider land anywhere other than at OCGP, the Pilot-in-Command will be responsible for any and all expenses incurred during the return or retrieval of the N232AK to OCGP.
- Slinger LLC reserves the right to take N232AK away from OCGP for prolonged periods during the summer – watch the schedule.