Owl Canyon Gliderport Accident Response Plan
- Call: Fire/Police/Rescue.
- Dial 911. Gliderport address is 4598 Hackamore Road, Wellington CO, 80549. Telephone number is 970-568-7627.
- Cancel flight operations for the rest of the day. Secure gliders and close the gliderport.
- Dispatch two members to access road entrance (County Road 7) to direct emergency vehicles and restrict unwanted access.
- This is private property, and press/television/other media are NOT welcome at this time. Members are NOT to give out any information about the incident. Response to questions should be along the lines of:
“Information will be forthcoming when we are sure of its accuracy.”
- Send 3 or 4 strong-minded people to the scene to assist if possible. There is an emergency lit in the Suzuki. Wreckage should not be moved from scene until released by FAA/NTSB. It should not be disturbed except as necessary to prevent further serious injury to occupants.
- Assign one person as emergency services contact and spokesperson.
- Assign two people to assist family at scene, hospital or home.
- Assign one person to collect and record accident information (times, known facts, person(s) involved, and related weather information) collect witness statements, and photograph scene.
- Notify CSA President, Vice President and insurance liaison.
- Notify FAA/NTSB IF:
- There was a flight control system failure
- Personal injury did not allow pilot to perform normal flight duties
- In-flight fire
- Midair collision
- Damage to property other than aircraft estimated at over $25,000
- An aircraft is overdue and believed to have been involved in an accident
NTSB: 303-373-3500 (7:30 am - 4:00 pm MT)